- IPG Mediabrands
- New York,NY
Assistant Media PlannerLocation: United States Office: Los Angeles Agency: Mediahub - United States Ref#: 2243
Mediahub is one of the three major global media agencies within IPG Mediabrands with over 1000+ employees worldwide. We are an award-winning agency built for brands who are challenging and disrupting the status quo. Our organization is focused on challenging all facets of media in an environment of rapid change in order maximize our clients' investments. We are challenging key fundamentals in the areas of audience creation, purpose, creativity, and digital platforms.
Named Media Agency of the Year by Adweek, Ad Age, and Campaign, Mediahub is powered by the buying and intelligence power of Magna Global and the data backbone of Acxiom.
The Planning team builds and maintains strong client relationships. Their focus is to think strategically about the business, develop business by building opportunities and actively contribute to the planning process. This team effectively problem solves, generates innovative solutions and displays energy and passion for the work presented. Mediahub strives to challenge the status quo by consistently looking beyond the quantitative. To be most successful at Mediahub, you must be organized, creative, and confident to support media issues relative to your account(s).
The successful candidate must also maintain a positive attitude in the face of a constantly changing environment. Must be a problem solver and professional in all communications both inside the agency and with clients.
Assistant Media Planners must have the ability to juggle multiple projects and should be driven, detail-oriented, amicable, a strong collaborator and hungry to do great work.
The role of Assistant Media Planner will be responsible for planning traditional and digital media channels. The Assistant Media Planner's main role is to work closely with Planner(s) in developing and maintaining media plans while absorbing as much media knowledge as possible.
- Inputting of buys, trafficking for digital buys, Media Authorizations, issuing of Insertion Orders, initial understanding and assistance (as needed) with Billing Process, updating team status documents and working across the internal cross functional teams (Video Investments, R&D Labs, creative, etc.).
- Beginning to help with evaluation of media (OTT, TV, Cinema, OLV, Print, OOH, etc..).
- Assists with Reach/Frequency runs (IMS Tools) and Pulling target information from MRI, SCOUT (our Mediahub proprietary tool).
- Taking notes during all meetings and disseminating them for final review before being sent to the larger team.
- The role is the conduit for the team in setting up media rep meetings for the team and ensuring that calendars are up-to-date for these meetings (description of the meetings, who we are meeting with, goals of meeting).
- Responsible for pulling other syndicated research such as competitive runs, social conversation as well as assisting with pacing and reporting.
- With growth, this role will take on some partner negotiations with oversight and assistance from your Planners and Supervisors as well as starting to assist with preparing/writing of slides for our presentation decks.
- Assists in budget reporting, flowchart development, status report writing, invoice clearing and payment approval.
- Assists in quarterly competitive spending reports for appropriate clients.
Required Skills & ExperienceBachelors degree in business administration/marketing preferred.No agency experience required. Internship or relevant coursework. Creative environment is a plus.
- Desire to learn new things, both formally and informally.
- Passion to collaborate in a creative environment.
- Ability to work on several projects at once.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Power Point
- Advanced Word, Excel and Writing Skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- You are a great interpersonal communicator and are able to effectively communicate with others within not only Mediahub but within the broader agency as well.
- You are able to adapt to working with people/team members with different work styles and able to work within a multi-supervisory environment as needed.
- You are positive, promote kindness and contribute to the overall culture of Mediahub. Your goal is to not only see yourself grow but to see others do well as well.
- You are able to demonstrate the ability to successfully multi-task, manage your time and show superb organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- As you work building your skill set as an Assistant Media Planner you are more and more able to take initial direction, then transition into a more independent work style.
- As you continue to grow, we will be looking for emerging proficiencies such as intuition, creativity, leadership (showing independent initiative, professionalism and improved performance pace.
We See You
We embrace diversity, and our responsibility to maintain an inclusive environment is core to our culture and values. We see diversity of people and experiences as fuel for creativity and innovation needed to bring about the best experiences and services. A diverse workforce means we can grow together, be better problem solvers, and bring about long-term, meaningful change where we will achieve above and beyond our business goals. We are better together..
When you join Mediabrands, you join a global community and are valued for who you are - your lived experiences, the contributions you make, and the distinct perspectives you bring. Here, what you think and who you are is just as important as what you do. As we recruit, we are dedicated to looking beyond what a resume can show. If you think you'd be a great addition to the team but don't have the exact experience or skills, we encourage you to apply and share your unique background with us. We see you at Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee's/applicant's skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email [email protected].
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world's most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.
Ref #: 2243Salary Range $45,000-$50,000 USD