- Grameen America
- Jackson Heights,NY
Location: (Remote-New York Tri-State Area preferred). Must reside in the U.S.
Salary: $100,000/yr.- $130,000/yr. commensurate with experience
Grameen America is a nonprofit microfinance organization dedicated to helping low-income women entrepreneurs build businesses to enable upward financial mobility. We envision an inclusive society in which all entrepreneurs, regardless of gender, race or income, have access to fair and affordable financial services. We provide affordable capital, credit- and asset-building, education and peer support to enable our members to boost their business income, create jobs and transform communities.
Founded by Nobel Peace Prize laureate Muhammad Yunus in 2008, Grameen America is now the fastest growing nonprofit microfinance organization in the U.S., having achieved tremendous milestones in its first 15 years of operations, investing $3.3 billion in nearly 180,000 low-income women entrepreneurs of color while demonstrating measurable impact. For more information, please visit grameenamerica.org.
Grameen America is seeking an innovative, organized and detailed-oriented Director of Programs to oversee critical programmatic pillars that enable economic mobility and financial resilience for women entrepreneurs. The individual will report to the Vice President of Program Strategy & Member Services and will be responsible for planning, design, implementation of innovative asset-building, credit-building & financial education programs. Grameen America has embarked on an ambitious ten-year vision and strategy that will enable higher economic mobility and deeper impact for almost 200,000 members.
The Director of Programs will directly work on planning & design, provide direction & project management, and work alongside field teams to implement the large strategic initiatives of the organization over the next five-year period:
- Asset-Building Program: We are currently building an innovative, first-of-its kind savings solution for our members. The Director of Programs will play a pivotal role in the national scale up of this pilot. The program requires collaborating cross-functionally, working with field teams and directly with members. The Programs team will own the delivery of this offering and will monitor progress in terms of member impact goals as well as organizational metrics
- Financial & Business Education: We are developing a new and comprehensive educational program accessible to all members. This includes live education as well as digital delivery. This role will collaborate with key internal partners to deploy this program nationwide and move member impact metrics.
- Expansion into new markets: Lead expansion into new states and cities, including thinking creatively about market research, pre-launch, post-launch operations.
- Project Manager: Project Management will be a key piece of this role with multiple programmatic initiatives being piloted and launched at the same time. This includes running project management tools, developing presentations, documents and providing administrative support as necessary.
- Strategic Initiatives: Supporting with implementation of strategic initiatives as needed.
- Creative thinker and problem solver - the programs we are building are new, bold, innovative!
- Excellent project management and process design skills
- Must be comfortable working with numbers and data analysis
- Must have strong storyboarding and writing skills to prepare reports and executive documents
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to lead workstreams independently, manage small teams, and complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner
- Collaborative in nature - the programs we aspire to implement require heavy support from Finance, Tech, HR, Legal. The programs themselves are implemented via our branch network in the field. The ability to work collaboratively, build trusted relationships and align incentives cross-functionally will be key.
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Bachelor's degree. Master preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' work experience desired
- Experience in leading workstreams and deliverables
- Must have proven experience in managing teams
- Must be comfortable working remotely
What We Offer You:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Generous Paid Time Off options for vacation, sick, and personal days
- Paid Holiday Schedule
- Employee Wellness Program
- 401K retirement savings plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Opportunity for advancement
- And more!
Attend quarterly staff meetings in New York City required. Travel to field branches on periodic basis.
Please submit your resume and cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role.
Grameen America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Grameen America, Inc participates in E-Verify.