- Patient Care
We are hiring for a Full-Time Physical Therapist/PT to join our passionate team in Trumbull, CT!
- Compensation based on experience, skillset, and types of cases seen. Minimum starting salary averages around $110,000 per year. Please ask recruiter for more details!
- New Haven coverage area!
At Patient Care, we embrace a culture of caring, belonging, and trust and enjoy the meaningful connections that come from it: for the whole patient, their families, each other, and the communities we serve it truly is all about helping people. You can find a home for your career here.
As a Physical Therapist with Patient Care, you can expect:
- the ability to build in-person trusted therapist-patient relationships
- continuing education and tuition reimbursement opportunities
- independence and autonomy
- career growth possibilities
Give your passion to serve others and your drive for better, more advanced quality healthcare.
- Evaluates the patient's functional status, status of all body systems as required for CMS documentation, and physical therapy needs. Consults with the physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of physical therapy, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Observes and reports the patient's response to treatment and any changes in his/her condition to the nurse supervisor and/or the physician.
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function, and / or maintain maximum functioning using acceptable standards of practice and evidence based techniques.
- Instructs and informs participating members of the health care team, the patient, and the family/caregivers regarding the plan of care, functional limitations, and progress toward goals.
- Visits patients within the entire service area of their respective agency and other nearby LHC agencies as needed.
- According to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC policy.
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the PT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to nurse supervisor within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as requested by the agency.
- May supervise home health aides per LHC policy if allowed per state regulation.
- Provides supervision of the PTA as per LHC policy and state regulation.
- Participate in a weekend rotation to provide services for their respective agency and other nearby LHC agencies as needed.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency leadership.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of services to all patients.
- Is responsible for accessing education to maintain and enhance clinical knowledge and skills that are up to date with the current standards of care for the profession and to maintain state issued licensure.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current Physical Therapy licensure in state of CT
- Current CPR certification
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to adependable