- Wegmans Food Markets
Availability: Morning, Afternoon, Evening (Includes Weekends).
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older
Location: Amherst, NY
Address: 675 Alberta Drive
Pay: $17 - $18 / hour
Job Posting: 11/13/2023
Job Posting End: 12/13/2023
At Wegmans, our Produce department houses fresh, unique and seasonal produce that our customers want and need. In the role of Produce Coordinator, you ll work with a team to ensure the highest quality and freshest produce items are stocked, displayed creatively, and available for customers. If you have a passion for food and enjoy working in a fast-paced retail environment, this could be the position for you!
What will I do?
- Assist in coordinating the activities of team members, ensure tasks are prioritized and completed efficiently, and department runs smoothly
- Possess an understanding of the products offered in the department
- Maintain the overall appearance of the department, stocking produce to ensure fresh product levels are sustained, items are well-merchandised in innovative, eye-appealing retail displays and stocked in correct locations, while recognizing seasonal, holiday and weather effects on product sales
- Proactively approach customers, assist them in locating products throughout the department, provide suggestions for meal solutions, and answer any questions they may have about products
- Customer service experience
At Wegmans, we ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For . Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love and love what you do.