- GOOD SHEPHERD SERVICES
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!Benefits:
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Ability to work towards LCSW licensure hours
- Monthly MetroCards or travel reimbursement for use of personal vehicle will be provided to staff conducting home visits to families
- Generous paid time off (Including 5 Self-Care Days/Floating Holidays, 12 Sick Days, 15 Vacation Days, and 11 Holidays)
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Pet Care)
- 403(b) Plan (GSS contributes 3% of your salary to your 403(b) plan after 3 years of service, with contributions increasing over time)
Minimum Salary is 55K.
- Candidates hired in this position will work in person but will have the flexibility to a hybrid schedule at Program/Management Discretion
Reports To: Social Work Supervisor
Location: 692 Blake Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11207
Hours: 35 hours, exempt
***Salary Range 55K-62K Annually***
We are Hiring Several MSW Social Workers! Apply Today!
Job Summary of MSW Social Worker: The Functional Family Therapy Therapeutic Case Management program in Brooklyn is a specialized, evidence-based, borough-wide prevention program for families facing child welfare-related challenges who want to repair and improve family relationships and ensure the safety and well-being of children so that their family can safely stay together. The Therapist provides direct clinical services to the assigned families that adhere to the FFT-TCM s model specifications, meet or exceed expected agency standards of professionalism, and comply with Administration for Children s Services (ACS) policies and contractual commitments.
Our superstar Social Work candidate is:
- Passionate about providing high quality clinical intervention services to families involved in the child welfare system
- A lifetime learner, continuously developing their clinical skills within the FFT-TCM model and in the family therapy arena
- Dedicated to modeling strength-based, trauma-informed, family-centered practice with participants and colleagues
- Culturally humble with a commitment to the Good Shepherd Services mission, vision, and values
Major Duties of Social Workers:
- Engage families immediately upon referral to the program, participating in ACS Child Safety Conferences as needed to assess suitability and readiness for FFT-TCM intervention.
- Provide home-based and on-site family therapy and short-term crisis intervention for designated caseload of eight (8) families that is consistent with the FFT-TCM model for high risk (HR) families.
- Review referral information, identify and engage key participants, identify systemic strengths and weaknesses, conduct screenings and assessments, and develop individualized service plans for assigned families that is within FFT-TCM HR model specifications and aligned to ACS expectations.
- Regularly assess caregiver capacity, home environment and conditions, and discipline and supervision methods employed by caregivers to ensure child safety and well-being.
- Handle case-related crises with professionalism, urgency, and care, including incidents involving reports to the State Central Registry.
Administrative and Advocacy Role
- Prepare and maintain timely and accurate FASP documentation, monthly statistical reports, and progress notes in adherence with agency policy utilizing PROMIS, Connections, and Care4 databases as required.
- Participate in all FFT-TCM model training, supervision, consultation activities, as well as program and agency staff meetings and trainings.
- Collaborate closely with ACS personnel, school staff, medical and mental health clinics, and other stakeholders serving family members in order to make sound and effective decisions.
- Attend and participate in Family Court hearings for families involved with ACS Family Services Unit (FSU), providing Court reports as needed to inform as to families progress or lack of progress in meeting goals.
- Provide consultation to and collaborate with the program s Family Workers as needed to ensure high quality services to families.
- Represent participant needs, concerns, and perspectives at all required ACS and GSS meetings and training
Qualifications of Social Workers:
- Master of Social Worker highly preferred. (May consider Master in Psychology- or relevenat/relatable Degree)
- New York LMSW; LCSW or Limited Permit candidates highly preferred and encouraged to apply.
- Two years of child welfare and/or counseling experience required
- Bilingual - English/Spanish is helpful
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and counseling skills
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout Brooklyn to conduct in-home meetings with assigned families
- Must be able to work at least 2 evenings per week until 8PM to accommodate working families schedules
- Must have strong inquiry skills and ability to seek and share internal and external best practices
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based, trauma-informed & youth and family development perspective
- Some experience with evidence-based models a plus
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is accessible and accommodating to employees with disabilities. As part of our commitment to providing a barrier-free recruitment and selection process, we will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates with disabilities. If you require any accommodations to participate in the hiring process, please inform us of your needs in advance. We value diversity and inclusivity in our workplace and encourage applicants of all abilities to apply.