- RWE Renewables America, LLC
RWE Clean Energy, LLC
Experience an exciting summer internship at RWE Clean Energy, where you'll work with industry experts, contribute to real-world projects, forge valuable connections in a supportive intern cohort, and grow personally and professionally in the sustainable energy sector. The Electrical Engineering Intern is a pivotal contributor to RWE Clean Energy's Retail Energy Services Development Team. This dynamic team actively supports the goals of the Distributed Clean Energy group, striving to design projects that enhance our client's facility performance by identifying energy reduction opportunities. During their internship, the individual will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in developing and designing electrical systems, while gaining deeper insights into the sustainable energy sector.
- Contribute to the development and design of electrical systems for a variety of building types, as well as solar and battery projects
- Execute fundamental design tasks using AutoCAD and REVIT to create technical drawings
- Perform electrical calculations using software like Excel, AGI, SKM, and others
- Acquire knowledge of and adhere to relevant building and design codes
- Assist in equipment sizing and specification
- Conduct research and meticulously document findings as necessary
- Gain exposure to various aspects of the business, including but not limited to development, measurement and verification, and project management
- Participate in occasional on-site visits to collect field data for design projects
- Enrolled in an accredited US university program, pursuing a degree in electrical engineering
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and Excel
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with various project teams
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail in documenting project-related information
- Demonstrated adaptability and a proactive approach to learning and taking on new tasks
This is a full-time 12-week summer internship starting at the end of May in our Valhalla, NY office.
Pay range:The hourly range for this position in New York is $25 per hour - $30 per hour. The listed hourly range represents our good faith estimate for this position and represents the range for new hire salaries across all U.S locations. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. RWE considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's education & work experience, training & certifications, and key skills as well as market and business considerations at the time of the offer.
RWE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For 125 years RWE has been the source of energy for millions of people across the globe. Now we're making all that energy green. This decade alone we're investing 50bn into renewables and will be carbon neutral by 2040 - ten years earlier than most other global targets. This is a chance to play a key role on our journey.
Join our renewables specialists, working across the clean energy spectrum to grow our operations to 50 GW by 2030 - with some of the world's largest on and offshore wind farms and industry-leading hydrogen initiatives. We're also considered innovators in solar development including floating photovoltaics and agri-photovoltaics. Or add your expertise to our supply and trading operations, brokering renewable electricity, green gas, commodities, and CO2 emission allowances from one of our advanced energy trading floors.
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 83736